Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another 3-day weekend - and all of them are fabulous but this one particularly so because it was the first in 10 days where I didn't have the FLU! Terrible flu that kept me home from work 3 days. Thankfully the babies didn't get it. We took them to Trails Cafe in Griffith Park (and had THREE star sightings - Dax Shepherd, Kristin Bell, and Lauren Graham) then to Hollywood: first trip to Amoeba Records. Sunday was The Counter and the fire sale at Borders; the Lake store is going out of business in the Chapter 11 crisis. So sad. Lines wrapped around the store. Where were all you people 6 months ago?? Then we all went to a party at my friend Sheryl's place where the twins were two of four babies in attendance. Monday we made pad thai in the wok. And I sold one more thing on Craigslist.

So Craigslist. What an incredibly effective place to get rid of stuff. This year alone, I sold: a sofa, an Ikea dresser set, a lamp, an old TV, a set of towels, tire chains, a water purifier, a mailbox, a video game, a pair of curtains, a breast pump, a weight bench, a breastfeeding pillow, a mirror, and I almost sold a teak dining table but we decided to keep it in the end. It's addictive! What else can I sell? Espresso machine, anyone?

No comments: